What do companies like Amazon, Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, GitHub, Airbnb, LinkedIn, Spotify, Netflix, Tesla and Uber have in common? They are Responsive Enterprises, built on ‘sense and respond’ instead of ‘plan and predict’.
These lean and mean learning machines leverage technology to power the next revolution of the digital age. Traditional organizations have a structure of management with a strong focus on procedures and control. In this fast changing world this is a model bound to fail. We are moving to a paradigm where you succeed by being responsive.
- Are driven by a purpose greater than profit. A Responsive Enterprise is strong on vision and culture, hires and keeps the best people on board and has software at the heart of its business model. It is not only a place to work but a vehicle to make the world a little bit better. They are driven by a purpose greater than profit, the focus is on product excellence instead of an immediate business case.
- Focus on customer delight. A Responsive Enterprise puts the customer at the center of its operations. All the work is focused on delighting the customer, not only to produce goods or services or make money for shareholders.
- Hire top developers. A Responsive Enterprise understands that developers are essential in creating and maintaining this software-driven business model. They are the engine of growth and hereby of indispensable value for the organization. Therefore a Responsive Enterprise builds a strong ‘army’ of hackers and engineers.
- Practice data-driven decision making. A Responsive Enterprise makes brilliant use of the possibilities software offers to analyze the behavior of the customer. It creates insights which leads to experiments. They practice data-driven decision making instead of dangerous HiPPOs (Highest Paid Person Opinions).
- Have a culture of freedom and responsibility. A Responsive Enterprise stimulates employees to experiment. The successful experiments act as input for a next generation of services that a responsive organization offers.
- Are software-driven. Sooner than you may think, every company will become a software company. Responsive Enterprises use cloud and automation, which make them able to continuously deliver new software into production many times per day.
Video: The Responsive Enterprise
The Silicon Valley Study Trip
Prowareness organizes a study trip to Silicon Valley. During this journey, we’ll take a look behind the scenes of responsive organizations and discover how this works in practice! The goal is to get inspired and to take home actionable insights that will help embrace such a shift within your company. The journey will cover themes such as:
- The Silicon Valley ecosystem;
- How to change a traditional company into a software-driven company;
- How to organize innovation;
- How to keep a hackers culture within a fast growing company;
- New business models.
- Target audience: enterprise CxO’s and senior executives
- Maximum 20 participants
- 21 – 28 May 2016
- 10 to 15 company visits: the final list of companies is yet to be determined
- Reflection sessions to derive actionable insights
- Follow-up meeting
Want to know more?
Please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +31 15 241 1800.