- Transformation is a direction. Real transformation is about pursuit of a direction, not achievement of a goal. A living, growing systems will continue to pass through a series of many small transformations as per diagram below.
- Each person transforms. When we talk about an organization transforming we are are really talking about the aggregate of the transformations of all the individuals.
- Leaders go first and become attractors. Some people will go first. These people will act as leaders in the context of the organizational transformation.
- Success requires that the leadership team go first. If an organization truly wishes to transform, then the leadership of the company need to transform first.
- Change artists lead the leaders. The change artist needs to transform first so they themselves can act as a symbol of transformation. It is not possible for a change artist to facilitate a transformation without having gone through the journey themselves.
Check the original article for some nice visualizations!